Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dwergi and Darkopteron

 The latest two renderings have been near completion for quite some time.  Dwergi wanted an astarte burning away in flames with a nebula background.  We went through multiple color revisions, and I had a bit of trouble making the fire distinguishable from the nebula without it being too in-your-face.  However, I think we've finally gotten there, although I'm actually still waiting for the final confirmation from him.
Darkopteron wanted a thrasher running out of a battle with a wrecked or exploding dramiel in an asteroid belt (or on a planet - I voted for the asteroid belt).  The dramiel has his buddies warping in just off the edge of the planet, but alas... they are too late... =P  He wanted the background to be sinister, so I voted for a blood-like red.  For text, he wanted "Pod Liberation Authority" - which made me laugh. I liked it.  The tricky part with this one was balancing the colors.  The explosion of the dramiel is very powerful both in color and in shape. It could easily overwhelm the image.  To balance it, I tried to pull the reds across the background, and then mimicked the yellow of the explosion in the text on the lower right, connecting the two with the thrasher's engine flames.
Both of these images can be found in the grey gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment