Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sigs: Larkonis, Sofia, & DAN13L

Well, I'm slowly working my way down the line of commissions, and I'm loving how unique everyone's requests are.  Some of the concepts people have pulled together are above and beyond anything I could have come up with, and turning the words and ideas into images has been an absolute blast.

Larkonis wanted a minmatar and corruption theme for his sig.  I was struggling with this for awhile and how to translate what he wanted into a piece.  In the end, I owe the actual signature concept design to Kishin Hattori.  I told him what Larkonis was looking for and he was pretty much like BAM, this is how you need to approach it. Yey teamwork! =)  Normally I like to avoid the rectangular look for sigs, but with his character looking through a massive window out onto the decks of a minmatar space station, the rectangular aspect couldn't be avoided (I actually had to fly over 20 jumps to get pictures of this bugger... apparently my eve home is nowhere near minmatar borders)... and then on top of that my program malfunctioned twice and I lost the image and had to redraw the entire thing (FML)... needless to say, I was happy when this draft was finally complete, lol.

Sofia wanted a simpler sig with just her char and a chimera, and she wanted the two divided by a partition.


DAN13L wanted a Redeemer jumping into an asteroid belt onto a surprised Vindi.  It took us a bit to piece this concept together, but we got there in the end =)


I'm ready to start batch 3!  This upcoming round of images will be my last, however, for about a 2 week span as I'll be taking a road-trip up to New York City with Kishin! =D It should be super fun, and it'll be nice to recharge the artsy batteries.  Then, when we get back from our epic little roadtrip, I'll get back to work on batch 4 =)

Notations:
Larkonis's sig is located in the white and black background galleries.
Sofia's sig is located in the grey gallery.
DAN13L's sig is also in the grey gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment